February 14, 2019
You know your home better than anyone else, so show it off during your sale to make sure those unfamiliar with how special it is understand why they WANT to make you a full price offer!
- There’s one tried and true way to add several thousand dollars to the price a buyer is likely to offer for your home. It isn’t quick and sometimes it isn’t painless, but it cannot be stressed enough that DECLUTTERING pays big dividends! Even though the knick knacks and furniture aren’t part of a sale, the majority of buyers who walk through a home just aren’t capable of filtering out your STUFF to really see the house that’s there. They need you to be that filter for them, highlighting best features, showing off the space to its grandest advantage. Besides, nothing says “We are READY TO MOVE OUT” like packed boxes stacked ever so neatly in the garage or storage area!
- Used car dealers have discovered a fast way to impress buyers and subconsciously make them feel like they are buying a new car even though they certainly aren’t! It’s a scent called “new car smell”. You can recreate that experience by painting! Whether freshening existing neutral colors or neutralizing colors, fresh paint screams NEW to a buyer, and can add thousands of dollars to their idea of what the home should sell for.
- Staging before any showing of the property, can boost an offer by thousands of dollars.
- Getting them out of the car and into the house is what we call “curb appeal” but it can also result in increased offers thousanda over homes lacking in this area of appeal
- We all know the kitchen can make or break a sale. But did you know that kitchen updates including things as simple as new hardware or updated counter tops can add 5, 10 or even 20k to your bottom line!
- Bathroom updates are just as astonishing, upping value by in a buyers mindset
Your local marketing specialist knows what buyers are looking for in your area and how to appeal to that for your best offer when selling a property in northern New Jersey. Trust in their expertise of the local marketplace to assure you get the best price when you sell.