July 18, 2019
Are you getting ready to put your home on the market in Essex County NJ or surrounding counties? You want to get the highest price you can, in the shortest time frame possible, so here are a few hints and tips to help you do just that! (HINT: even MORE marketing tips when you HIRE ME to assist you in your sale!)
An upgraded kitchen actually can make or break a walk through turning into an offer to buy!
No, you do not have to spend thousands on a complete renovation! A few main updates can make a huge difference, and many of these you can do yourself:
- Outdated cabinets? Don’t replace – renew them! Enamel paint and new cabinet pulls can refresh the entire look of the kitchen!
- Tired flooring? Click lock luxury vinyl is easy care, long wearing and a fairly easy DIY project
- Worn formica countertops? Certain types of granite are not that expensive to install!
- New faucets or even a whole new sink brightens the whole room up!
The bathroom really IS that important to the impression your house makes!
If you are going to splurge on anything, splurge in here. This room should shine – clean and bright – and the impression it makes on a potential buyer just might overcome their reluctance to make an offer for some other area of an older resale home.
- If the fixtures are worn and especially if they are color dated consider installing new neutral color fixtures.
- New faucets and handles will make the room glow
- Upgrade lighting fixtures
- Install free floating shelves in strategic places
- Take the time to clean the grout in the shower, walls and floors; it will make a difference!
Hardwood floors are preferred over carpet. Is there wood under there? Remove that carpet and show off that wood flooring before the first showing. There are many ways to show your home to its finest advantage without remodeling from top to bottom. Preparing to sell your northern NJ home should include a consultation with your local marketing specialist to learn what will work to your best advantage in your real estate marketplace.